Saturday, June 28, 2014

Can I please pee alone?

Yes, it's something all of us mothers dream of, a small moment of peace and quiet where we can do our business, or heaven forbid enjoy a shower *gasp* ALONE!
You hear everywhere tales of helicopter moms, well I have helicopter kids.  Seriously the just hover at all times.  My Dancing Diva adores to hover 1/8 on an inch from my head and constantly kiss my ear.  WTF? Or yesterday when Mini Me cried for 20 minutes because she was so lonely sitting next to me and not in my lap.  Judging from the way my kids act you would think that I lock them in their rooms all day, never to be allowed human contact.  When it's quite the opposite, Mini Me and I have spend a whole Saturday morning (when the other kiddos are at their other parents houses) reading books, playing board games, making paper dolls, writing and illustrating stories, watching a little tv together and doing an art project.  Now this will take up the entire morning, then I will tell her ok it's time for me to get some things done; you know exciting stuff like laundry, sweeping the kitchen, or going in search of "that smell" which usually ends up being food someone has stashed in their room or under a couch cushion!  About 5 minutes into that she starts in with "You NEVER play with me!  I'm so lonely, I need someone to play with me!"  *sigh*  I do believe I have spoiled my children.  Or there is Dancing Divas favorite, she spends all weekend at her friends house then come Sun night right at bed time "Mama I miss you, I NEED to spend time with you!  I haven't seen you ALL weekend!!"  o.O  

No comments:

Post a Comment